Saturday, August 1, 2015

Landline

 
 
Landline
Rainbow Rowell
Completed Date: 8/10/15
Rating out of 5: 4
 
Check me out on www.goodreads.com!
Before you read too far, you should know that I don't do Synopsis type reviews - if you want a synopsis then you can go read the synopsis. What I want to do here is give my opinion of the book. **Spoilers may happen, but aren't likely**

I love EVERYTHING about Rainbow Rowell's books. This was my least favorite so far, but I rank it only slightly below the others.

This story made me wonder - if I did have a magical landline phone (or e-mail, or cell), would I want to talk to anybody from my past? Is there anything that I would want to change?

I think the answer is no. But I also know that I would have chosen work over my phone.

How nice it would be if life had a hold button so we could figure things out. But, it doesn't work that way. And I think that's partly what I disliked about this story - that it's just not relatable. Yes, I know there's a magic phone. No, the magic phone is not what I'm talking about. I mean that life goes on ... our dream jobs and sometimes our friends don't just sit around and wait for us to figure things out ...

or to take a phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment