Monday, May 11, 2015

Jim Henson's The Storyteller: The Novelization

 
Jim Henson's The Storyteller: The Novelization
Anthony Minghella, Jim Henson, Darcy May
Completed Date: 1/21/15
Rating out of 5: 4
 
Before you read too far, you should know that I don't do Synopsis type reviews - if you want a synopsis then you can go read the synopsis.
What I want to do here is give my opinion of the book. **Spoilers may happen, but aren't likely**
 
 
The Storyteller is a collection fairy tales and short stories. For Christmas 2014 I received this book along with novelizations of The Labyrinth and The Dark Crystal. Though this was my least favorite of the three, maybe because I didn't grow up watching a move of it, I still rated it 4 out of 5.
 
I don't generally like reading short stories or fairy tales, but these were unique in that the story was either the retelling of something familiar or it was completely new or original. I liked the combination very much. It was actually refreshing for once to read a short story and not be committed or tied down to a novel or even a trilogy.
 
I liked reading this one before bed - it was less of a struggle to put it down because I didn't feel as though I had five hundred more pages to adventure through and I knew the next story would be there in the morning, instead of traipsing around without me like so many of my other fantasy stories seem to do.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment