Monday, May 11, 2015

Timebound (The Chronos Files, #1)

 
  
Timebound
(The Chronos Files #1)  
Rysa Walker
Completed Date: 4/25/15
Rating out of 5: 4
 
Check me out on www.goodreads.com!

Before you read too far, you should know that I don't do Synopsis type reviews - if you want a synopsis then you can go read the synopsis. What I want to do here is give my opinion of the book. **Spoilers may happen, but aren't likely**

I really enjoyed this book. I got this one from Kindle Unlimited and it just happened to have the audio version with it. When I didn't have time to sit down and read (while cleaning the house or something) I listened to the audio. AND LOVED IT. I love the option to both read and listen to the book and, if I can help it, I will always have one of these kinds of books at the ready!

I love that the time traveling bits of this weren't hokey. Based on some of the other reviews I had read, I was afraid that it would be. I didn't get the vibe from the synopsis that this was a YA novel and even now having read it, I wouldn't necessarily classify it as such. Yes, there's a girl and two boys (the makings of a typical love triangle) but in this case I didn't feel like the author was trying to convince me to fall in love with anybody. At least not yet - we don't really get to that until the second book.

I like that parts of the book were historical, but not TOO historical. I understood all of the references and it was casual and fun. I've read books that I didn't understand because I didn't understand the history of a particular place or person and those are no fun.

Anyway, I liked this one and read the second one.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment