Monday, May 11, 2015

Unhinged

 
Unhinged
(Splintered #2)
A.G.Howard
Completed Date: 2/19/2015
Rating out of 5: 4
 
Before you read too far, you should know that I don't do Synopsis type reviews - if you want a synopsis then you can go read the synopsis.
What I want to do here is give my opinion of the book. **Spoilers may happen, but aren't likely**
 
 
To read my review of Splintered (Splintered #1) click here.
 
I am such a fan girl for these YA books based in Wonderland! The way A.G. Howard takes Wonderland and completely makes it into her own world is both like visiting and old friend, and meeting a new one.
 
I waited quite a while after reading Splintered to read Unhinged. I was actually just waiting for Ensnared to come out so that I could read them close together. What drew me in to this series, honestly, was the vividness of the cover of Splintered. What kept me there is that this world is, quite literally, a Wonderland.
 
Jeb and Morpheous are our two heroes/love interests. At this point I still haven't decided which one I would chose. (Though I have totally chosen a team by the end of book 3)! Our heroine, Alyssa, while typically "young adult" is faced with some interesting challenges and the decision to try to live a normal life and go to school or to embrace her new identity and step back through the rabbit hole.
 
 I read this book with a friend for book club. Though it may not be a typical book club book we very much enjoyed discussing the intricacies of this gothic style Wonderland, gushing over boys (of course!) and trying to figure out what happens next!
 
I recommend this one to anybody who likes YA or fantasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment